1. What is the GTO - 14: is a group of 14 civil society organizations working around the mines and who joined their efforts to achieve more concrete results and firm to benefit the victims of this problem (Ottawa Working Group of 14 NGOs).
2. What are these 14 organizations: The Permanent Assembly for Peace, the British Council, the Colombian Campaign to Ban Landmines, CIREC, Return and Life Corporation, Colombian Red Cross, Fundación Mi Sangre Foundation, REI, Restrepo Barco Foundation, Handicap International, Mercy Corps , Movimento per la Pau, Pastoral Social, and United for Colombia.
3. What is the goal of this alliance: Show the country and the international community during the Second Review Conference of the Ottawa Convention to be held in Cartagena from 30 November to 4 December, institutional coordination aimed at protecting victims Mines and provide a Colombia without mines.
4. What is the Ottawa Convention: Colombia along with other 157 countries signed the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Antipersonnel Mines and on their detection in 1997. Colombia ratified the convention in 2000.
With the signing of the Convention, States Parties undertake to remove and / or destroy mines in their territories in a time of 10 years from the entry into force of this treaty in each country. Similarly, States parties must come together under the framework of the Review Conference to discuss issues related to the implementation of the Convention.
5. What is the Review Conference: Every five years, States Parties shall make a Review Conference to evaluate the operation and status of the Convention and if necessary adopt conclusions regarding its implementation. The first Review Conference held in Nairobi (Kenya) in November 2005, the birthplace of the Nairobi Action Plan, 2005-2009, which established the lines of action for comprehensive mine action for that period. Colombia will host the Second Review Conference from November 30 to December 4, 2009 in Cartagena.
6. Regional Forums Pre Launch Review Conference: The regional forums will have coverage of almost the entire country is made within the planned activities of GTO-14 as support for the Second Review Conference in Cartagena. The responsibility of this forum lies with the Colombian Campaign to Ban Landmines and Fundación Mi Sangre.
7. To what regional forums: review, with the participation of NGOs, survivors, communities affected by landmines, victims' associations and community in general, the implementation of the commitments made by the Colombian State in the First Review Conference in Nairobi - Kenya in 2004.
8. Results of the regional forums:
1.The victims, their families and affected communities actively participate in the evaluation of the implementation of the Ottawa Convention in Colombia.
2.The relevant organizations for mine action in departments involved to take a position on compliance with the conventional arrangements.
3.Conduct a film written document setting out the evaluation in regional fora on the implementation and progress of the Ottawa Convention in Colombia.
4.The document will be released in Cartagena national and international organizations to serve as support material for a talk that the singer Juanes will have to landmine victims in the framework of the Conference.